I OFFER SUPPORT, ACCOUNTABILITY, AND GUIDANCE WHILE NAVIGATING LIFE BEYOND FOOD FOR THOSE WHOSE WHO ARE READY TO HEAL FROM DISORDERED EATING, NEGATIVE SELF IMAGE, AND BODY DISSATISFACTION.
And this is what I truly believe and learned from my own recovery:
- Food, exercise, and thoughts of your body should not rule your life.
- In order for change to occur, you must first get curious about what’s not working and be open to new possibilities.
- Unconditional permission to eat ALL foods is essential in finding a ‘normal’ relationship with food.
- Self-care is the foundation for healing and recovery, and should be simple and sustainable.
- Finding time to tap into your mind without distraction and judgement on a daily basis is crucial for your healing and recovery.
Why am I so passionate about this?
I struggled with an eating disorder, depression, anxiety, over exercising, and digestive issues for over half my life. And I know that recovery is hard and often a messy and overflowing basket filled with tears, laughter, cries, breakdowns (or breakthroughs as I like to call them), and moments when you might feel like ‘what’s the point?’
But the thing is, I’ve been you. I lived it, I struggled with it, and I recovered from it. Which is now why I do this work. It wasn’t until I realized how much time and energy I was using to change me, obsess about every piece of food I would eat, or beat myself up about what I was eating, that it was time to put myself and my recovery first for a change.
THROUGH PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT, UNCONDITIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY, AND PERSONALIZED SELF CARE, RECOVERY FROM DISORDERED EATING, NEGATIVE SELF IMAGE, AND BODY DISSATISFACTION IS 100% WITHIN REACH.
A LITTLE ABOUT MY QUIRKY SELF:
To be honest I always spelled it ‘corky’ until my dear husband pointed out my spelling error. Truthfully, I like corky better but I’ll be grammatically correct here and go with Webster’s spelling.
- I used to be a Veterinary Technician and Wildlife Rehabilitator (my favorite animals to rehab were baby river otters).
- I live in Seattle, WA but originally from a small farm town in WI.
- I am an animal lover at heart.
- Have 5 furry kids of my own (dog, 3 cats, rabbit, and a fish).
- I was a competitive runner in high school (and as an adult) and played rugby in college.
- At some point in my life I became unable to handle regular coffee, so decaf is my jam.
- Baking desserts is a popular past time (recovering from my ED made this enjoyable again).
- I like almost any crime drama and have seen every episode of SVU at least twice.
- I love to dance in my underwear (obviously in the privacy of my own home).
- If you want to win my heart, buy me a donut.
- Gardening and spending time in nature makes me happy.
- I love sunshine and struggle during the rainy months in WA (succulents and anything green has helped with this).
- Give me some oracle cards and a candle and I’m a happy gal.
- I love reading anything by Laura Griffin or any kind of crime drama.
- I run a private Facebook group called Eat Freely for any ladies wanting a little extra support in their recovery.
ALL of those listed above were made possible by the fact that I’ve done the hard work of healing and recovery.
Want to explore how we might be able to work together through your recovery journey with 1:1 coaching?