Who doesn’t love beer and bread? And what gloriousness (yes I know it’s not a word) could come from combining them together??? BEER BREAD!
This recipe is seriously SO simple and easy to make, that you probably have all the ingredients right now!
So…grab a beer or 2 (obviously one is for sipping during this) and let’s get started!
– 3 cups all purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder (or 4 minced garlic cloves)
– 3 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup to make vegan)
– 1 12 ounce beer (I used Guinness, but any will do)
– 4 tablespoons melted butter (separated, I used Miyoko’s vegan butter)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease loaf pan with coconut oil or whatever you’d like and set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, honey, and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. Stir to combine.
3. Pour in the beer, and stir to combine.
4. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan. Smooth out the top and drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter on top.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Remove loaf from pan and let cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before eating.
6. ENJOY!! The bread goes great with chili, rustic soups, pasta, or eaten on its own!
This bread is one that I make time and time again because it is super simple, takes literally no prep time, and is amazingly delicious! It also keeps well on the counter in a covered container for 5 days!
Make sure to like this recipe or comment below if you gave it a go!