Who doesn’t absolutely love a freshly made scone?! Especially when it has some type of delicious jam on top! I had just got done making strawberry and rhubarb compote and I was thinking, “What could I put this on? Scones!!” So I whipped up some scones in less than 30 minutes and had a tasty breakfast! These scones are best eaten fresh but can be kept on the kitchen counter for 2 days, if needed! You are definitely going to have a hard time refraining from just eating one!! Go get the oven preheated and let’s start baking!
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup vegan butter
4 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the salt and baking powder.
3. Cut the vegan butter into small chunks and add to the mixing bowl. Use your hands and mix the butter in with the flour until crumbly.
4. Add the sugar, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and lemon juice and mix with a spoon.
5. Flour your work surface and your hands and mix dough into a big ball.
6. Flatten it out with your hands into an 8-10 inch circle.
7. Cut into 3 equal size sections. Cut those sections into 3 equal size portions.
9. Place all 9 portions onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
10. Brush the tops of the scones with coconut milk.
11. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
12. Serve with jam or my easy strawberry and rhubarb compote or with a little more vegan butter!