Holy moly everyone! This simple and easy soup recipe packs a pretty mean punch in the flavor department! The base to this soup consists of only carrots, onion, and tofu. I added in water and a couple of spices and BAM, you have yourself a wicked soup! Now, if you do not want to use tofu, two easy replacements could be either potatoes or a white bean of your choosing (cannellini or northern white beans). I chose to use tofu because that’s what I had on hand. Any option will work here! Whatever you like, use it!
Now, this soup is going to provide your taste buds with a much needed wake up call AND the heartiness furnishes your body with warmth during these cold winter months. You can serve this soup along side a tasty salad or with some whole grain bread. I personally LOVE bread, and dipping bread in soup is literally what brings me joy in life! So go grab a pot and these simple ingredients, and let’s make some soup!
2 Tbsp olive oil (feel free to omit and use water to sauté the veggies instead)
6 medium carrots, cut into chunks
1 medium onion, cut into chunks
6 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into chunks
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley
8 oz tofu
4 cups water
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat and add in onions and carrots. Sauté the veggies for 5-8 minutes.
- Add in the ginger and spices. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the water and tofu. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the carrots soften, about 25-30 minutes.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Top soup off with herbs of choice! I used mint, but fresh parsley or basil would be great options too.