Have you ever made roasted cauliflower? I think everyone can agree that it is the bomb diggity bomb! Let’s take roasted cauliflower to another level and bake it whole! Prep time is WAY quicker and it looks pretty darn amazing. I made a spicy version but the skies the limit here on how many flavors you can use with cauliflower. Baking it in a dutch oven speeds up the cooking time by steaming it while not allowing the cauliflower to dry out. Serve this along side a salad or break it up and make some tacos with it. Whatever you choose, the meal is going to be delicious!
-1 medium head cauliflower
-3 Medjool dates, pitted
-1 tsp salt
-1 tsp black pepper
-2 tsp chili powder
-1 tsp garlic powder
-2 tsp garam masala
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp paprika
-2-3 Tbsp lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim the outer leaves off the cauliflower and cut the stem flush with the rest of the head so it can sit straight. Place the cauliflower in a dutch oven.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pour the mixture over the cauliflower and rub it all over with your hands until it’s completely coated.
- Put the lid on and place in the oven for 35 minutes, or until tender.
- Take the lid off, set the oven to broil, and place the cauliflower under the broiler for 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Carefully transfer cauliflower to a plate and enjoy!