Who doesn’t love apple crisp?! I wanted to create a ‘healthier’ version but making sure to have it taste down-right delicious. Boy did I succeed! This apple crisp is gluten free, oil free, and refined sugar free! I think I covered all the bases with this one. Since apples are in an abundance right now, go stock up and make some delicious apple crisp!
5 red and/or green apples peeled and chopped (I mixed granny smith and fuji so I could have both sweet and tart)
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup oats
1 cup pecans
1/2 cup almond flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1-2 tsp molasses
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set aside a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place all of your peeled and chopped apples into a large sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add in the maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon and stir to combine. Cook the apples for about 10 minutes or until softened (if you skip this step, you will need to cook for a longer time in the oven and risk your crumble burning).
- While the apples are cooking, use a food processor to grind the pecans into a fine crumble. Mix together in a large bowl the oats, pecan crumble, almond flour, and cinnamon. Pour over the maple syrup and molasses, and mix until combined.
- Once the apples are softened, pour them into your baking dish and top them with the crumb mixture.
- Place the baking dish into your oven and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite dairy-free ice cream or coconut whipped cream!